Finding your suitable readers for wd desktop surveillance is not easy. You may need consider between hundred or thousand products from many store. In this article, we make a short list of the best readers for wd desktop surveillance including detail information and customer reviews. Let’s find out which is your favorite one.
516 reviews analysed
1. WD Purple 2TB Surveillance Hard Drive – 5400 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64 MB Cache, 3.5" – WD20PURZ
2. Seagate Skyhawk 2TB Surveillance Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache for DVR NVR Security Camera System with Drive Health Management – Frustration Free Packaging (ST2000VX008)
- Custom-built for surveillance applications with Image Perfect firmware for crisp, clear, 24×7 video workloads
- Maximum 180TB/year workload rating—3× the workload rating of desktop drives—for reliable performance in write-intensive surveillance systems
- Rotational vibration (RV) sensors help maintain performance in RAID and multi-drive systems (4TB or higher)
- Up to 10TB of capacity to store up to 10,000 hours of HD video
- 3 year Limited Manufacturer Warranty
Optimized for business, enterprise, and home sercurity systems, SkyHawk hard drives deliver 2TB of powerful capacity to support up to 64 simultaneously streaming HD cameras and zero dropped frames. Built-in RV sensors help maintain performance in multi-bay systems, offering the flexibility to scale systems when more storage is needed. Lower power consumption reduces heat emissions and improves reliability—plus, drive condition can easily be monitored with SkyHawk Health Management. Enjoy long-term peace of mind with 1M hours MTBF, an included three-year limited warranty protecrtion plan, and optional Rescue Data Recovery Services.
3. WD Purple 6TB Surveillance Hard Disk Drive – 5400 RPM Class SATA 6 Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch – WD60PURX
- Engineered specifically for surveillance security systems,Reduced video frame loss
- Tuned for write-intensive, low bit-rate, high stream-count applications typical to most surveillance applications
- Prioritized write-operations for maximized surveillance performance, TLER & ATA streaming support.
- Package includes a hard drive only – no screws, cables, manuals included. Please purchase mounting hardware and cables separately if necessary. Ships in WD-certified box for safe transit during shipping
- “Hard Drive Speed: 5400 RPMCache Buffer: 64MB Includes: Quick install guide and Operating System Compatibility: Windows 8, Windows 7, Mac”
- Built for always-on surveillance storage applications
- All Frame technology for reduced pixilation and video interruption
- Designed to support up to 32 HD cameras
- Caching algorithms specifically designed for security surveillance operation
- 3 year limited warranty
- 6 TB capacity holds up to 1,200,000 digital photos, 1,500,000 MP3 files, and 450 hours of HD video.
4. WD Blue 500GB Desktop Hard Disk Drive – 7200 RPM Class SATA 6Gb/s 32MB Cache 3.5 Inch – WD5000AZLX
Get Storage Capacity Up to 6 TB Boost your PC storage with WD Blue drives, the brand designed just for desktop and all-in-one PCs. The WD Blue family now delivers data storage capacities up to 6 TB: Entry Level: Up to 1 TB Mainstream: 2 TB to 4 TB Best Upgrade: 5 TB+ Improve PC Performance Pair a larger capacity drive with an SSD to give your desktop a performance and storage boost. The SSD maximizes speed of data access, while the WD Blue drive stores up to 6 TB of movies, games, files, applications and more. Upgrade and Backup with Ease WD hard drives come with free access to WD Acronis True Image. Our downloadable software quickly copies all your existing data to your new drive – without reinstalling your operating system. Backup and restore functions make it easy to save and retrieve your personal data. Future-Proof Your Storage With better technology comes bigger storage needs. Cameras that record ultra-high definition video at 4K resolution and 30 frames per second require a ton of storage. Handling all that media is a snap with our 6 TB drive, capable of storing up to 281.25 hours of 4K video. Trust in WD If you know WD, you know our reliability is legendary. Every WD Blue drive is designed, tested and built to last, and ships with a 2-year limited warranty. Recommended use – WD Blue storage is tested and recommended for use in desktop and All-in-One PCs, industrial applications, notebooks, and external enclosures.
5. WD Black Desktop 2TB SATA 6.0 GB/s 7200 RPM 3.5-Inch Internal Desktop Hard Drive Retail Kit
- Includes free cloning software
- High performance 3.5- Inch SATA hard drive combines 7200 RPM and SATA 6 Gb/s interface for the ultimate in power computing.
- High performance electronics architecture features dual processors and bigger, faster caches for maximum read and write speeds
- StableTrac The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking, during read and write operations.
- 5 year limited warranty
From the Manufacturer
WD Black Desktop Hard Drives – Maximum performance for power computing.
Sophisticated performance enhancing features deliver the speed you need for demanding applications like photo and video editing and Internet gaming.
High performance, high capacity, high reliability, and cutting-edge technology make up WD Black, the ideal drive for those who demand only the best.
Built to the highest standards of quality and reliability, these drives offer the features and capacity ideal for your everyday computing needs.
High-performance electronics – WD Black drives feature a dual processor and bigger, faster dynamic cache for maximum read and write speeds.
Dual processor – Twice the processing power to maximize performance.
Dynamic Cache – WD’s dynamic caching algorithm improves performance in real time by optimizing cache allocation between reads and writes. For example, if there’s an overwhelming percentage of read traffic as opposed to write traffic, the drive automatically allocates more cache for read data, which reduces congestion and improves overall drive performance.
Rock-solid mechanical architecture – Enhanced reliability features help protect the drive and the data stored on it.
NoTouch Ramp Load technology – The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
StableTrac – The motor shaft is secured at both ends to reduce system-induced vibration and stabilize platters for accurate tracking during read and write operations which enables consistently higher performance. (2 TB and 1.5 TB models only)
Tested for compatibility – We perform tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in our FIT Lab to give our customers confidence that our drives will work in their systems.
The WD advantage – WD puts our products through extensive Functional Integrity Testing (F.I.T.) prior to any product launch. On average, each new product goes through 600,000 hours of testing. WD also has a detailed Knowledge Base with more than 1,000 helpful articles. You can also call toll-free support 7 days per week in the U.S. and Canada. See the WD Support site for full details.
Upgrading your drive is easy – WD Acronis TrueImage, available as a free download on the WD Support site, enables you to copy all your data to a new drive so you don’t have to reinstall your operating system to get all the benefits of a new drive.
Works with Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, Mac and Linux operating systems.
Recommended use – WD Black hard drives are tested and recommended for use in PCs, high-performance workstations and notebook computers.*
*Business critical RAID environments – Please consider WD Red NAS Hard Drives for all multi-bay consumer NAS environments with 1-5 bay chassis. For business critical RAID applications, please consider WD’s enterprise hard drives that are specifically designed with RAID-specific, time-limited error recovery (TLER), are tested extensively in 24×7 RAID applications, and include features like enhanced RAFF technology and thermal extended burn-in testing. WD Black hard drives are not recommended for and are not warranted for use in RAID environments utilizing Enterprise HBAs and/or expanders and in multi-bay chassis, as they are not designed for, nor tested in, these specific types of RAID applications.
- Power computing applications such as intensive photo or video editing
- Maxed out gaming systems
- Adding lots of storage in desktop PCs
- Adding extra storage space for photos, videos and music.
Features at a glance
- Industry-leading performance
- 500 GB – 2 TB capacity
- SATA 6 Gb/s interface
- 7200 RPM
- Dual processor technology
You might also consider:
3.5-inch Retail Kit
and reliability for everyday computing.
|Cool, quiet operation
for efficient eco-conscious computing.
for power computing.
|Ideal for||Family and business computing.||Desktop PCs, secondary storage and external drives.||Photo and video editing, and maxed out gaming systems.|
|Capacity range||500 GB||500 GB – 3 TB||1 TB – 2 TB|
|Compatibility||Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, Mac and Linux operating systems||Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, Mac and Linux operating systems||Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, Mac and Linux operating systems|
6. Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB SATA III 64 MB Cache Bare/OEM Desktop Hard Drive – WD30EZRX
- 2 year limited warranty.
- IntelliSeek – Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise, and vibration.
- WD Green hard drives reduce power consumption by up to 40% and offer best-in-class acoustics.
- Microsoft operating systems prior to Vista, 32-bit operating systems, and Mac systems prior to OSX 10.4 may not support volumes greater than 2TB. To recognize the full capacity of this drive, you may need multiple partitions. Check with the manufacturer to verify your system’s compatibility.
- D green Should work Only With intel processors meaning it will not work with any apple device or with amd processors. WD green Should work Only With intel processors meaning it will not work with any apple device or with amd processors
WESTERN DIGITAL 3TB CAVIAR GREEN SATA 64MB. NOT ELIGIBLE FOR WESTERN DIGITAL REBATES OR REPORTING. NON-CANCELLABLE AND NON-RETURNABLE
7. Western Digital 8TB Ultrastar DC HC320 SATA HDD – 7200 RPM Class, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256MB Cache, 3.5" – HUS728T8TALE6L4
- Designed with a workload rating up to 550TB per year, 10X desktop rating (Workload rate is defined as the amount of data transferred to or from the hard drive
- Workload Rate is annualized (TB transferred X (8760/ recorded power on hours)
- Workload Rate will vary depending on your hardware and software components and configurations
- Up to 2.5M hours MTBF with a 5 year limited OEM warrant direct with Authorized Reseller
- Five generations of HelioSeal technology (10TB and above)
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) technology for vibration protection
The beloved WD Gold, reimagined. Ultrastar hard drives feature up to 10 times the workload rating of desktop drives and employ advanced technologies for enterprise-class reliability, power efficiency and performance. Designed from the ground up to be an ultra-robust storage device, these industry-leading enterprise class drives are a perfect solution for your business and are backed by a 5-year limited warranty. Up to 2.5M hours MTBF with a 5 year limited OEM warrant direct with Authorized Reseller
8. Seagate BarraCuda 4TB Internal Hard Drive HDD – 3.5 Inch Sata 6 Gb/s 5400 RPM 256MB Cache for Computer Desktop PC – Frustration Free Packaging ST4000DMZ04/DM004
- Store more, compute faster, and do it confidently with the proven reliability of BarraCuda internal hard drives
- Build a powerhouse gaming computer or desktop setup with a variety of capacities and form factors
- The go to SATA hard drive solution for nearly every PC application from music to video to photo editing to PC gaming
- Confidently rely on internal hard drive technology backed by 20 years of innovation
- Max Sustained Transfer Rate OD(MB/s):190 MB/s
- Enjoy long term peace of mind with the included 2 year limited warranty
Store more, compute faster, and do it confidently with the proven reliability of BarraCuda internal hard drives. Perfect for designers, musicians, photographers, and video editors using multiple applications at once, these solutions offer uninterrupted performance, optimized read/write caching technology, and a variety of capacities and form factors to choose from. The result is a seamless experience backed by a two-year limited warranty and 20 years of hard drive laminate finish
9. WD Black 4TB Performance Hard Drive – 7200 RPM, SATA 6 Gb/s, 256 MB Cache, 3.5" – WD4005FZBX
WD Black performance storage is designed to enhance your PC experience across heavier computing tasks whether you are a digital artist, video editor, photographer, or gamer. Available with an impressive 256 MB of DRAM cache on higher capacity models, the WD Black drive is optimized for drive performance so you can spend more time experiencing the things you love most. Enhance your PC’s performance even further when you combine a WD Black drive with an SSD for a dual drive configuration, allowing you to benefit from the additional caching of your operating system onto the SSD for increased performance. All together, the WD Black drive gives you the hard drive performance, capacity and an industry leading 5-year limited warranty for an inspiring three-in-one storage solution.
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Wd Desktop Surveillance for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!